Thursday, March 8, 2012

Insurance battle

And so begins the fight with the insurance company... they've agreed to pay for the surgery, but not for Dr. Orlandi. They "think" they can find someone in-network who can do the operation. Great... the "think" they can find someone who will not leave me blind, paralyzed...or dead. Call me selfish, but I'd really like a doctor who has actually done this before. According to my doctors, Dr. Orlandi is the only one (in a multi-state area) who can do this type of surgery. Please pray that within the next day or two my insurance company will decide that my life is worth a few extra dollars. If we can work things out with the insurance company, I will have an MRI and PET scan at the Huntsman Cancer Institute next Wednesday (March 14) and the surgery will be on Friday (March 16). I'll let you know what happens. Love you all.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment