Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Update

This is a quote from Leslie after her doctor visit today, "We are headed into six days of hell. First thing we have to do is to make sure it has not metastasized. Tomorrow they are going to do a bone marrow test. which includes removing a piece of bone from my hip. I asked if he could do liposuction while he is in there but he laughed at me. Then they are doing a skeletal survey which is a complete exam of the skull. Friday, I get to have a one and a half hour M.R.I. of the whole body. I didn't do well in the last one so I'm not sure how I will do with it. Monday, they are doing something called a PET test. I don't know what that is but it examines the bones and the blood and everything. It is pictures of the whole body. The MRI looks for lesions and things that are not normal in tissue. The PET test looks for admoradles in bones. They are doing all kinds of tests. If they do find that it is issolated within the sinuses they will do radiation and there is a good chance that I will have a full recovery. If it has metastasized then it will be chemotherapy for sure but if it hasn't they will go in and remove most of the mass and then start radiation. We'll know Tuesday if we can be happy about just having radiation or we will know if we should be devastated I never thought I would pray for just radiation.."

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time. Hope they find the right way to treat it and that it will be better soon. Good luck and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie,
    My thought and prayers are with you. I can not imagine what you must be feeling and going through. I will keep you in my prayers, may God bless you with the strength and comfort you need. I love you.
    Corallee

    ReplyDelete