Friday, September 30, 2011

Final treatment

Well, tomorrow morning will be my final treatment and then, hopefully, the process of rebuilding my body can begin. I feel like the knot at the center of a tug-of-war rope. On one side...my family, friends, doctors, and faith... and on the other...that &^%$&* machine. It's tough to be caught in the middle, but how very grateful I am for those fighting and praying for me. The prayers are real and tangible and so very much appreciated. I know I have a long road ahead because I am having an extremely difficult time forcing myself to eat anything because it all tastes like acid and I have a hard time keeping down those "nutritional" drinks, but I know I'll have to force myself.

Hal wants to build a bon fire and burn my mask, but I think I may regret that because, once I stop hating it so much, it will make for an awesome show-and-tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment