Monday, September 26, 2011

Update: 9/26/11

Tomorrow I will begin my final week of radiation treatments. At this point I am just hoping time will pass as quickly as possible. I am suffering a lot with the sores that cover my tongue and throat and having a very difficult time eating or drinking anything because the radiation has destroyed my sense of taste. I am forcing myself to drink a Carnation instant breakfast 3X day (not easy because I do not like milk) and then doing what I can with rice cakes, chicken broth, and hard boiled eggs (the only thing I have found that tastes a little like it is supposed to taste). YUMMY! I was truly feeling sorry for myself as I watched my family eat the Pizza Hut pizza, breadsticks, and cinnamon sticks they had for dinner.

Hal is stressed and overworked, but he has been so kind and supportive. I have no idea how I would get through this without his support and willingness to listen to my occassional...O.K....constant...babywhining. He is a very good husband.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment