Monday, September 26, 2011

From Melanie

From Melanie:
The experience that Leslie has been going through has really been a horrible time for her and for Hal. My heart goes out to her and I am so glad that she is almost done. There has been one or two really great things that have come out of it though. I have had the opportunity to get to know Leslie and Hal's kids better and I can tell you that they are delightful. One of the big concerns Leslie had when she was diagnosed was the well-being of her children. I offered to help anyway I could but I will tell you that they brightened my life much more.

After the horrible flood in their house, I offered to take the four little ones to Pocatello with me and have a sleepover. Mason wasn't very interested in going to see Cinderella but the other kids were. Thank you so much to Jan and Alan Frew, Debbie King, Kimberly and Zach Miller who helped me buy them some new clothes for the big night. We went to Mystique to see the show and the little girls loved meeting Cinderella for reals. Bailey kept asking me questions all through the show, "Is that the real Fairy Godmother, is that the real King, is that carriage really flying, are the rats real?. She loved it. After the show, the whole cast was really great with them but they really loved Cinderella. Great times.

Carson has always wanted to going fishing. I want to thank Jordan and Terry for taking him fishing. He caught two fish all by himself. Jordan and Carson caught their first fish ever that day. Victoria took Hallie Kate shopping and bought her some new back-to-school clothes and gave her a new hair cut. Hallie Kate is a very bright, very charming young lady and Carson is all boy. He is very quiet unless you talk about fishing or baseball. We bought him a Yankees shirt and hat. He was so grateful but was very quiet about it. The little girls are simply amazingly adorable.

Thank you to Hal and Leslie for raising such super little people. I will always appreciate getting to know them better!

Lucy, Bailey with Cinderella at Mystique




The Briggs kids having a candy hunt

Hallie Kate with her little sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment