Monday, September 19, 2011

Halfway there

My last treatment will be Sat. Oct. 1., so that makes 10 down...10 to go. Saw the Dr. today. Unfortunately I have a yeast infection in my sinuses, so that complicates things a bit. The infection was likely caused by the steriods. Oh why can't things be easy? Right now I am mainly suffering from sore throat, swollen sinuses, and congestion. I was given an antibiotic for the infection and hopefully that will help. I mentioned in my last post that the radiation has dramatically changed the smell and taste of everything. Basically everything tastes the same, from water to chololate... similar to what I imagine arsenic would taste like. At least I lost 6 pounds this week, so I guess that's one minuscule silver lining.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leslie, just wanted to drop you a line to say I am thinking of you and love you. I wish I knew some awesome words of encouragement to share but they escape me. I am keeping you in my prayers and sending loving thoughts your way ~ Lee

    ReplyDelete