Tuesday, September 13, 2011

More side effects

Dr. Ingersoll wants to do somewhere between 18-25 treatments. I've done 6 (1/3 of the way to the minimum...hard to stay optimistic). Now that the radiation is building up in my system, the side effects are starting to show up (sore throat, burning on the face, nausea...). I'm just taking it minute-by-minute, knowing the day will come when I'll be glad I did this. I am starting to feel as though this may be the most difficult thing I've ever had to do, but at the same time I realize that it could be much worse.

By the way, if you happened to see the video that went viral yesterday (of the people who pulled the burning car off of the motorcycle rider), my radiologist, Matt, was the big guy lifting near the rear tire. It's comforting having a real-life hero taking care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment